- 1 What documents are proof of legal presence?
- 2 How do you show legal presence?
- 3 What can be used as proof of legal residence?
- 4 What is the definition of legal presence?
- 5 What are two forms of proof of residency?
- 6 What is proof of full legal name?
- 7 How can I prove my identity without ID?
- 8 Is a Social Security card proof of citizenship?
- 9 What is updated evidence of lawful presence?
- 10 What can be used as two forms of ID?
- 11 Can birth certificate be used as ID?
- 12 What do you do if you don’t have proof of address?
What documents are proof of legal presence?
Proof documents to verify legal presence include U.S. birth certificate or U.S. passport. Foreign born applicants may provide other documents, such as a Certificate of Citizenship or naturalization, Resident Alien Card, or a valid foreign passport with a visa and I-94.
How do you show legal presence?
(b) Only the following categories of documents establish legal presence in the United States and identity: (1) A valid, unexpired U.S. passport or passport card. (2) A certified copy of a United States birth certificate issued in or by a city, county, or state vital statistics department or equivalent agency.
What can be used as proof of legal residence?
Acceptable documents providing proof of residence include: Utility bills in joint names are permissible* Local authority tax bill valid for the current year**
What is the definition of legal presence?
In the criminal law, presence is actual or constructive. It is a rule in the civil law, that he who is incapable of giving his consent to an act, is not to be considered present, although he be actually in the place; a lunatic, or a man sleeping, would not therefore be considered present. Dig.
What are two forms of proof of residency?
Proof of Address
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Property Tax Receipt.
- Posted Mail with name of applicant.
- Utility Bill.
- Lease Agreement or mortgage statement.
- Insurance Card.
- Voter Registration Card.
- College Enrollment Papers.
What is proof of full legal name?
Source documents must be original and must list your full legal name and date of birth. Unexpired US Passport or Passport Card. US Birth Certificate or Birth Certification Card filed with a state office of vital statistics. Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA) issued by the US Department of State.
How can I prove my identity without ID?
You can use any document from the following list:
- State identification (ID) card.
- Driver license.
- US passport or passport card.
- US military card (front and back)
- Military dependent’s ID card (front and back)
- Permanent Resident Card.
- Certificate of Citizenship.
- Certificate of Naturalization.
Is a Social Security card proof of citizenship?
If it is not possible to provide the required birth certificate, then an applicant must submit several forms of secondary evidence. A social security card is not considered adequate proof of citizenship. It is a statement made by a person that knows details of the applicant’s birth.
What is updated evidence of lawful presence?
The most common documentation for proof of lawful presence or immigration status includes: Permanent Resident Card, “Green Card” (I-551) Employment Authorization Card (I-766) Machine Readable Immigrant Visa.
What can be used as two forms of ID?
For badging purposes—Two forms of identification (such as a state driver’s license, state identification card, U.S. Passport, military ID card, birth certificate, or Social Security card).
Can birth certificate be used as ID?
A U.S. birth certificate is sufficient for proof of age. If one is not available, the Social Security Administration will accept a passport and may accept other documents like medical records. As proof of identity, the Social Security Administration will want to see: U.S. passport.
What do you do if you don’t have proof of address?
Review the list of acceptable documents.
- A lease or mortgage statement.
- A bank or credit card statement.
- A utility bill.
- A government benefits statement.
- A pre-printed paystub or tax form.
- An insurance policy or premium bill.